LEVEL 1 | BEGINNER SURF COURSE
START SURFING SMALL (GREEN) WAVES
With our Beginner Surf Course you will start surfing green waves properly in the best beach breaks of Las Palmas city. This is a Level 1 surf course for surfers who, having done an Initiation Surf Course before, would like to start surfing small (green) waves with the help of a professional instructor.
Why should you choose Oceanside?…
- We focus on quality teaching, surfing material and facilities.
- We are a Official School of the Canary Federation and Official School Quiksilver & Roxy.
- We have exclusive access to the best area of Las Canteras Beach to teach surfing.
THE LEVEL 1 BEGINNER SURF COURSE INCLUDES
- 3 hour classes in the morning (from 10am to 1pm) in Playa de Las Canteras or in Playa de La Laja if it’s not possible to surf in Las Canteras.
- Groups of up to 6 students per instructor.
- Instructor with the Spanish surf federation title.
- Surf material: board, wetsuit (Quiksilver or Roxy) and school lycra.
- Water and fruit for the break at noon.
- Use of facilities: dressing room, toilets, showers, lockers, etc.
- Student card. (only for courses of 5 days or more)
- Civil liability and accident insurance.
|LEVEL 1 | BEGINNERS SURF COURSE|
|1 day||2 days||3 days||4 days||5 days||Extra day|
|Special discounts for residents in the Canary Islands and for groups.|
SURF LESSON STRUCTURE
- Check-in at the Surf School 10 minutes before the lessons starts.
- Gear up in the vestuaries. (bringing a towel and swim suit is mandatory)
- Video theory in the school.
- Theory in the beach.
- Warm up.
- Practice in the sand.
- Practice in the water.
- Back to the school.
- Start surfing small (green) waves.
- Use and maintenance of equipment.
- Wave types and dangers.
- Learning to paddle properly to start surfing small (green) waves.
- Standing up properly on the surfboard.
- Correct stance and timing.
- Surfing rules in and out of the water.
- You’ll have the option to sign up for a Paddle Surf Course with 15% discount.
- Special discounts in our Surf Shop.
- You can keep the surf equipment after the lesson until closing time for € 5,00 per day.