FROM BEGINNER TO IMPROVER
SURF SCHOOL LEVELS
There are 3 aspects of this sport that anyone must master to become a good surfer: the surfboard, the marine environment and the coexistence with other surfers. This is a small guide to what A BEGINNER NEEDS TO KNOW in order to move to the next level:
- Basic nomenclature: parts of the board, accesories, parts of the wave…
- Maintenance and care of the equipment: how to avoid damaging the material.
- The environment: different type of waves and bottoms, currents, channels…
- Safety rules: how to avoid accidents with your own material or with other surfers.
LEARN TO SURF IN WHITEWASHES AND VERY SMALL (GREEN) WAVES
- Lying down on the surfboard maintaining a correct posture.
- Proper paddling technique.
- Catching whitewashes and very small waves: timing.
- Performing the take off smoothly.
- Having a balanced and relaxed stance over the surfboard.
- Turning right and left.